Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate or sponsored links to products that I recommend and use. By following these affiliate links and/or making purchases, I receive compensation and you support the work of this website.
Homemade Pizza Sauce in Jarsdate 2018-08-27T18:14:00.000Z
I've been making this pizza sauce in large batches for years! It freezes easily and often garners compliments when shared with family. Even better, it doesn't contain any unknown additives or extra sugar!
For the Quadruple Recipe, freeze in eight 1/2 pint (8 oz) mason jars.
Each jar contains enough sauce for 2 pizzas. Alternatively, you can use a Weck 1/5 L Mold Jar (Tall).
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 6 fluid ounces water
- 3 tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tbs honey
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com [http://allrecipes.com/recipe/17319/exquisite-pizza-sauce/]
- 4 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs + 1 tsp (4 tsp) granulated garlic
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients well, breaking up any clumps.
- Let sit for 30 minutes to blend flavors if using immediately.
- Otherwise, ladle approximately 6 ounces (3/4 cup) into each 1/2 pint mason jar, cover with a lid, label and freeze immediately.