Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate or sponsored links to products that I recommend and use. By following these affiliate links and/or making purchases, I receive compensation and you support the work of this website.
Einkorn Milk Chocolate Brownie Mixdate 2018-09-07T21:49:00.000Z
Einkorn Milk Chocolate Brownie Mix
These brownies have a special ingredient that makes them extra decadent. And no, it's not the high-protein, vitamin B-rich einkorn flour. The secret ingredient smooths out the cacao powder, gently taming the dark chocolate flavor which brownies are known for. It's like drinking homemade chocolate milk.
So what makes these brownies Milk Chocolate Brownies?
The addition of dry milk powder.
Amazing, I tell you! The flavor is incredible. And even though you still get that cocoa kick, you also get the sweet, smooth milk flavor reminiscent of milk chocolate chips.
But what's even better than that?
You can make your own mix and store it in your pantry for a quick homemade brownie when that midnight craving hits! Or, you can give the mix along with instructions as a gift.
Store the dry ingredients in an airtight 1/2 L Le Parfait or Weck jar for a convenient brownie mix another day! Prep multiple jars while you've got the ingredients out. Kids love helping with this!
- 1 cup organic granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1/2 cup einkorn all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup non-fat dry milk powder, optional, but this is what makes it "milk chocolate"
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled
Instructions for Brownie Mix
1. Add all dry ingredients into a 1 liter jar. Cover and shake until combined.
2. Store in your pantry until ready to use.
1. Beat eggs until thick.
2. Add vanilla, and stir to combine.
3. Add dry ingredients, and begin mixing.
4. While stirring, add melted butter slowly, and mix until well combined.
5. Spread batter into a greased 9-inch baking dish.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-32 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
For an even bolder flavor, top with cocoa nibs. Or mix in raisins. Or add white chocolate chips. Start with this basic recipe, and have fun with creative mix-ins!
Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate or sponsored links to products that I recommend. By following these affiliate links and/or making purchases, I may receive compensation at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting the work of this website!